Beginning in 2011, the Texas Association of Counties partnered with Texas State University to bring county supervisors, managers and department heads professional leadership development training, presented by the best team of management-skills experts the state has to offer.
This 40-hour class offers practical insights and helps to improve attendees’ professional skills in the areas of:
- When to manage and when to lead;
- Team-building and personality cohesion;
- Written and verbal communication and persuasion;
- Change dynamics;
- Successful motivation;
- Conducting effective meetings; and
- Character-driven success.
The 2014 class format and registration information is being developed and will be announced soon.