Texas Association of Counties (TAC) Risk Management Services (RMS) department is seeking a highly qualified, team member for its Human Resources Consultant position for the Northwest Region. The ideal candidate will reside in northwest Texas.
This position will operate remotely, working from a home office when not traveling. This position requires 80 percent weekly travel. The position will travel to Austin a minimum of one time per month and other locations within the state as required to attend conferences and meetings.
Primary responsibility is to provide risk control consulting services related to personnel and human resources (HR) issues and include but not limited to consultations, training, and risk assessments for assigned members of the Texas Association of Counties Risk Management Pool (TAC RMP). Collaborate with the Risk Management Services (RMS) team for the assigned region to identify service opportunities and to determine and prescribe appropriate and effective risk mitigation strategies for TAC RMP members.
The successful candidate will have proven themselves in the Human Resources industry and be able to demonstrate their experience. Experience or familiarity with county government, political subdivisions, and risk pools highly preferred.
The Human Resources Consultant will be expected to:
- Provide HR-related loss prevention consultation services to TAC RMP members in accordance with established service delivery standards for Risk Control Services (RCS). Prepare and submit reports as appropriate into the Division’s system of record.
- Travel up to 80 percent of each workweek to work directly with TAC RMP members with multi-night overnight stays and responsibility for travel planning and cost control.
- Develop and deliver presentations on HR-related topics and issues to participants at TAC-related educational events, both in person and virtual; staff the TAC RMP conference booth at events for county officials and employees as assigned.
- Monitor and analyze emerging issues, relevant statutory changes, and trends relating to risk management and safety and assist with development of best practices for HR Consultant team for providing technical assistance on findings to members. Develop resources for TAC publications and online resources.
- Collaborate on internal projects and program development as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field; or experience managing a human resources program for a minimum of five years required.
- Experience with a county or other governmental entity preferred.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or similar professional designation preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of personnel management programs and risk mitigation techniques, including expertise in major federal and state laws affecting the employer-employee relationship.
- Position requires working knowledge of Texas Workers Compensation laws and regulations.
- Proficient in adult learning strategies for development and delivery of training to diverse adult audiences.
- Position requires excellent communications skills; written and verbal with ability to relate to persons from varying economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
- Position requires a high degree of professionalism representing TAC in significant contacts with elected officials, members, and others.
- Excellent time management and record keeping required.
- Must be able to function independently with minimal supervision in compliance with established guidelines.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and good driving record required; must be able to drive.
- Requires extensive weekly overnight travel.
- Required to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- May be required to lift or move boxes and designated TAC equipment, up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to stand, bend, kneel, reach or squat occasionally for extended lengths of time.
- May be required to climb stairs or a ladder.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions during travel or while working outside.
Please send cover letter, salary requirement and resume to HR@county.org
. No phone calls, please.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.