The Texas Association of Counties (TAC) is seeking a qualified person for a Purchasing and Asset Coordinator position. Primary responsibilities are assisting Texas Association of Counties (TAC) purchasing services and asset management to meet objectives set by TAC’s executive management team. Position is responsible for assisting with purchasing management’s maintenance of assets including placing orders, coordinating with IT on asset processing, maintaining inventory of hardware and software, and assisting with asset processing for new hires and employee exits.
The Purchasing and Asset Coordinator will be expected to:
1. Responsible for purchasing management, including, but not limited to:
- Maintains/stores relevant documentation of TAC asset purchases.
- Responsible for placing office supply orders and apparel orders and managing corresponding accounts.
- Assists purchasing management with furniture, hardware, and software orders.
- Ensures purchases are delivered on time and coordinates delivery and assembly with requestor.
- Familiar with TAC purchasing policy and adheres to process and procedures.
2. Responsible for asset management, including, but not limited to:
- Updates hardware and software inventory in asset management system, currently Service Desk Plus (SDP), with newly purchased hardware and furniture.
- Tracks and updates the reassignment of hardware equipment in SDP.
- Coordinates with IT when new devices require configuration and when retired devices need to be prepared for destruction.
- Maintains/stores relevant documentation for TAC assets.
3. Assist with the purchasing and asset management process of new hires and exiting employees.
4. Assist with developing and maintaining purchasing services budget.
5. Coordinate special projects, as required.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, management information systems or related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in corporate-level purchasing, asset management or project management.
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to relate to persons with a variety of cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Position requires a high degree of professionalism and courtesy in representing TAC, both internally and in its contacts with members.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must function independently with minimum supervision and handle multiple simultaneous projects with deadlines.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and exceptional follow-through.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be proficient in use of personal computer and Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Ability to use project management tools and applicable software.
Please send cover letter, salary requirement and resume. No phone calls, please.