Leadership 254 is designed to advance the skills of county officials to enable them to meet the unique challenges of their duties and to enhance their leadership skills and style.
Participants learn to overcome their limitations to redefine the possibilities they set for themselves, their courthouse, their county official association and their county constituents.
Leadership skills are advanced through:
- Interactive discussions
- Theory building
- Skill assessments, and
- Experiential learning activities.
These challenge, stretch and — most importantly — transform participants into leaders who positively affect their counties and Texas.
- New dimensions of the self in relation to others
- Effective personal methodology for decision-making
- How to align and inspire teams, collaborate with and influence others, and create a vision that others will follow
- To assess their personal leadership style and gain perspective through peer assessment
- Ways to enhance personal communication skills through experiential media relations training
- To create their own transformational leadership plan and become a transformational leader in every aspect of life
Participants have access to valuable resources to implement the competencies developed over the course of the program and develop a sense of community with their classmates.
Leadership 254 is an executive leadership program for county officials who want to develop a new way of thinking about leadership. The small class size creates an environment that encourages open communication and strong connections. TAC aims to include two representatives from every county office in each class.
TAC will send a detailed agenda to participants prior to the start date of all modules. Lodging is included and TAC will manage the hotel reservations for each module.
Many participants have the potential to earn continuing education (CE) hours for participation.
TAC submits application for CE credit to each governing body listed below. Upon approval, the number of hours will be posted.
Please visit this page for updates.
Leadership 254 is designed for a limited group of participants. If a participant must cancel after being selected, they should submit their cancellation in writing to email@example.com before Jan. 1, 2021. The TAC Leadership Development Committee will select a replacement who will be notified before the start of Module 1.