The TAC Health and Employee Benefits Pool (TAC HEBP) helps counties and districts meet the reporting requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The Affordable Care Act Reporting and Tracking Service (ARTS) is provided at no cost for groups who use TAC HEBP for employee health benefits; nonparticipating groups are charged a per-form fee.
The Pool began offering the service to counties and districts in 2016 after the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) began requiring that employers and health plan providers provide ACA reporting for the 2015 calendar year.
“Several of the groups are thankful for us to do this for them because they don’t have the hassle of going through each form, mailing them out, sending them out,” said Virna Jameson, TAC HEBP ACA Reporting and Compliance Administrator. “Even for those who are non-(HEBP) members, it’s a small fee for the amount of work that goes into it.”
Among ARTS duties are producing the 1094-C and 1095-C forms, shipping them to employees, transmitting forms to the IRS and tracking potential benefits-eligible employees. For the 2020 calendar year, ARTS produced over 27,000 1095-C forms for 118 county and district employers.
“I feel like it’s just another way TAC supports our members and provides them with something they would struggle with doing themselves,” said Charlotte Collins, TAC HEBP Business Systems Manager. “Many of our counties have small staff, and they just don’t have time to dedicate to this or take this on.”
If you have would like to enroll in ARTS or have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ARTS program includes the following services at no cost*:
A presentation by Vance Hinds received lots of comments from attendees. Hinds is an author and Dallas County assistant district attorney, who discussed how he lost 198 pounds in a year without surgery or medication.
- Measurement, Administrative, and Stability Period tracking for 2021 and notification of eligibility for part-time/variable/seasonal employees (can provide tracking back to beginning of Measurement Period if historical data is provided by county/district).
- Reporting for your county/district regarding the status of potential benefits eligible employees.
- Production of your county/district’s 1094C and 1095C forms, shipped to you for distribution to employees (optional direct mail service*).
* Basic ARTS service fees are waived for HEBP members, but there is a cost for direct mail to employees, and late fees will be assessed if agreement and/or data file deadlines are not met.
- Transmission of your county/district’s 1094C and 1095C forms to the IRS.