As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves in Texas, TAC Health and Benefits Services staff are closely monitoring the situation and are working to remain responsive to the needs of TAC Health and Benefits Pool members.
HBS offers the following information to assist our members. Please check back for updates.
Last updated: 4-22-21
Currently, TAC Health Benefits Services (HBS) is operating as normal with no changes to our standard business practices in services to TAC Health and Employee Benefits Pool Members.
- Our staff is available to receive phone calls and emails requesting assistance with questions and concerns. You can reach your Employee Benefits Specialist or other HBS staff at the same telephone number or email you normally use. Visit the HBS Contacts page to find contact information for the HBS staff who serve you.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas Customer Care: 855-357-5228 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CST.
- Navitus (prescription drug benefits) Customer Care: 844-268-9789, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
COVID-19 Health Benefits Info for TAC HEBP Members
- No member cost-sharing (copays, deductible or coinsurance) will be required for COVID-19 testing and testing-related services for as long as the Public Health Emergency Declaration is in effect (as determined by the federal Department of Health and Human Services). Once the emergency Public Health Emergency Declaration expires, COVID-19 testing will be treated as any other medical condition, subject to copay, deductible and coinsurance as applicable.
- The COVID-19 vaccine, including charges for administering the vaccine, will be covered at 100% beginning on Dec. 17, 2020, until further notice.
- Beginning on Jan. 1, 2021, treatment for illness due to COVID-19 will be covered like any other medical condition under the health plan, i.e. subject to copays, deductibles and coinsurance.
- Members can continue to receive COVID-19 services via telephone consultation with their physician.
- The MDLive copay for telemedicine services will continue to be waived until further notice.
Here is how your benefits work for COVID-19 testing and treatment:
I: Testing for COVID-19
Members experiencing symptoms of the virus, or who believe they have been exposed to it, should be tested for COVID-19. Check with the testing facility prior to receiving services to be sure your health insurance will be accepted as payment.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2021, telephone consultations and in-person office visits with an in-network physician will be paid by the plan at the normal benefit level (i.e. subject to office visit copay or deductible and/or applicable coinsurance). Charges specifically for the COVID-19 test will be paid at 100% until the end of the Public Health Emergency Declaration, after which time the test will be treated the same as any other diagnostic testing under the health plan.
- Services by an out-of-network physician will be paid by the plan at the normal benefit level for out-of-network services (if allowed).
II: Treatment for COVID-19:
- Effective Jan. 1, 2021, physician and facility charges (inpatient and outpatient) for COVID-19 treatment will be covered like any other illness (subject to deductibles, copays and coinsurance).
- Prescription drugs will be covered under Pharmacy Benefits (subject to Rx/pharmacy deductibles, copays and coinsurance).
Please note that these changes to your health plan benefits are subject to revision based on government mandates as we continue responding to changing COVID-19 conditions.
You may access information about your county or district's health benefits here: www.mybenefits.county.org (http://www.mybenefits.county.org/).
Contact your Employee Benefits Specialist at 1-800- 456-5974 if you need more information.
Protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
Overcome fear, anxiety, grief and stress:
Boost Your Immune System:
Navigating the Future as the State Reopens:
III: Resources and Information about your additional health benefits