Senior Legislative Counsel
Jason Hassay joined TAC in 2019. Prior, Jason served in the Texas Senate as Chief of Staff and General Counsel where his primary focus was finance, transportation, energy, and the state budget process.
Originally from Southern California, Jason holds a J.D. from the University of Texas School of Law, a Master's degree in Information Systems from the University of Texas at Austin, and a triple B.A. in Political Science, Economics and Criminal Justice from the University of California at Irvine. Jason is a member of the State Bar of Texas.
Jason monitors such issues as:
- Budget Process
- Property Taxes/Unfunded Mandates
- Tax Code & State Revenues
- Border Issues & Immigration
- Energy and Natural Resources
- Economic Development
- Open Government
- Federal Government Activities
- Legal/Legislative Research & Analysis