Twenty-three county officials representing each county office from across the state will participate during 2019-2020 in the Texas Association of Counties (TAC) leadership program for county officials, Leadership 254.
The TAC Leadership Development Committee selected the participants from a pool of 60 applicants. TAC will provide scholarships to all participants.
- Tracy Barrera, Atascosa County Auditor
- Nancy Berry, Brazos County Commissioner
- Linda Douglass, Guadalupe County Treasurer
- Linda Gay Bridge, Bee County Tax Assessor-Collector
- Lee Callan, Menard County Constable
- Sara Canady, Wilson County Justice of the Peace
- Donna Early, Cass County Treasurer
- Denise Fortenberry, Matagorda County Attorney
- Larry Gaddes, Williamson County Tax Assessor-Collector
- Tim Glass, Hansford County Sheriff
- Laura Hinojosa, Hidalgo County District Clerk
- Cathy Jentho, Eastland County Clerk
- Stacey Kemp, Collin County Clerk
- Dan Looten, Carson County Judge
- Eduardo Lopez, Medina County Auditor
- Marty Lucke, Floyd County Judge
- Linda Raschke, Llano County Commissioner
- Margaret Sawyer, McCulloch County Justice of the Peace
- Ray Scifres, Hockley County Sheriff
- Jamie Smith, Jefferson County District Clerk
- Tracy Soldan, Kerr CountyTreasurer
- Shane Williams, Collin County Constable
- Greg Willis, Collin County District Attorney
Leadership 254 advances the skills of county officials to enable them to meet the unique challenges of their duties and to enhance their leadership skills and style.
Participants learn to overcome their limitations to redefine the possibilities they set for themselves, their courthouse, their county official association and their county constituents.
Leadership 254 is a continuous program. Students are required to attend and complete four learning modules in sequence over the course of 14 months. The first module kicks off on Feb. 19, 2019.
For more information about the program, visit www.county.org/leadershp254. Contact Education Program Manager Haley Click with any questions at (800) 456-5974.