No matter what the scale says, there’s a place for treats this holiday season. Try this festive recipe, which is pleasantly sweet but not overloaded with sugar.
Homemade Chocolate Bark:
- 1 pound (454g) dark chocolate, 70% cacao or higher (chocolate chips work great)
- ¾ cup nuts of choice, chopped (suggested: walnuts, pecans, almonds, pistachios, or hazelnuts)
- ¼ cup dried fruit of choice, chopped (suggested: cherries, cranberries, apricots, or raspberries)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and use a rubber spatula to evenly spread chocolate over parchment-lined pan.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate with nuts and chopped dried fruit.
- Let cool slightly, then freeze for about 2 hours or until solid. Once frozen, remove from the freezer and break into pieces (roughly 25).
A taste of things to come...
Omada® helps you lose weight, gain energy and improve your overall health, all with a simple app. We’ll match you with a health coach you can message anytime, anywhere—and you’ll never pay a dime.
Omada® is a personalized lifestyle-change program that inspires healthy habits you can live with for the long term. It combines the behavior-change science and unwavering support you’ll need to lose weight, keep it off and reduce your risk for Type 2 diabetes or heart disease.
The program includes:
- Wireless smart scale to monitor your progress.
- Professional health coach to keep you on track.
- Interactive program that adapts to you.
- Weekly online lessons to educate and inspire.
- Small group of participants for real-time support.
Take a one-minute risk screener to see whether you’re eligible: omadahealth.com/healthycounty
The Omada program is available to all fully pooled groups and participating ASO groups. Participating ASO groups include Brazos and Comal counties.