This is the website of the Texas Association of Counties (TAC). Our postal address is 1210 San Antonio, Austin, TX 78701. We can be reached via email at county.org, or you can reach us by telephone at (512) 478-8753.
TAC maintains this website as a resource to counties, county officials and county employees. In an effort to continue to improve our service, we use server log analysis tools to create monthly summary statistics of our website's usage. These statistics are used to reflect usage summaries such as: general access (number of hits received), resources accessed (our most and least popular pages), visitors and demographics (IP addresses and domains), activity statistics (most/least active days), technical statistics (client errors), referrers and keywords (search engines and sites that point to our site) and browsers and platforms.
The following information is, or in the near future may be, collected for this analysis:
- User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version and the operating system on which it is running.
- HTTP header, "referrer" - The referrer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request - The exact request the user/client made.
- Protocol Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client — otherwise known as the status message sent to the client from the server
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method - The request method used — that is, the type of operation performed in the client's HTTP request.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - location of a resource on the server.
- Protocol Version - The transport protocol and version used in the client request.
- UserName - The username of the client as sent in the HTTP request.
In addition, TAC will retain information volunteered by the user, such as email addresses, telephone numbers, registration information, etc. This will be used in-house as a means to communicate with the users if appropriate.
If you supply us with your telephone number, postal address or email address, you will be contacted only in response to your request for information. If you do not wish for TAC to communicate with you, just contact us by telephone, e-mail or regular mail and let us know.
When interactivity services require the submission of personal information, TAC will use a secure socket layer (SLL) connection to enhance security on the website by means of encryption.
The information we collect on this website is used to improve the content of our web pages, to customize the content and/or layout of our page and to notify consumers about updates to our website. The information we collect is not sold or rented and is not distributed to any entity that is not affiliated with TAC.
All information collected or maintained by TAC is subject to the provisions of the Texas Public Information Act and other federal and state regulations governing data sharing. Such laws are subject to being changed by Congress or the Legislature at any time. Presently, in most circumstances, the law will require TAC to release to the public the information collected about visitors to its website, if the information is properly requested.