TAC has compiled the following information and resources for county government to aid in their response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please see our daily updates regarding COVID-19.
Joint Government Response
As the White House has said, response and recovery to the coronavirus pandemic is locally executed, state managed and federally supported. Texas counties play a key role in this whole-of-government, all-of-America approach to address COVID-19 in coordination with state agencies such as the Texas Division of Emergency Management. TDEM is working in close coordination with FEMA and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
15 Days to Slow the Spread — CDC's updated mitigation guidelines
Texas Division of Emergency Management — Resources and information available through TDEM
County Declaration Information
Current Cases of COVID-19
Resources from the National Association of Counties (NACo)
About the Virus and How to Prevent its Spread
- www.coronavirus.gov — A comprehensive CDC website about COVID-19. Details about the virus and its global spread, and resources for communities, health departments, schools and more.
- How COVID-19 is spread, the symptoms, what to do if you think you may have it —Includes info for public, travelers, hospitals and health care workers, labs, public health organizations, first responders and more.
- Interim guidance for business and employers from CDC — Includes recommended strategies for employers to reduce the virus’ spread.
- Interim guidance for mass gatherings or large community events from CDC — Includes tips to prepare before a COVID-19 outbreak hits your community.
- Guidance for businesses and employers from the Small Business Administration (SBA) — Includes tips on how to respond and share facts about the virus with employees.
- Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with COVID-19 — This kit from the National Association of Counties provides a framework for actions local health departments can recommend in their communities to prepare for and mitigate the virus' spread.
- The President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America: 15 Days to Slow the Spread — On March 17, President Trump announced these new guidelines to address COVID-19.
Disaster Declaration and Disaster Relief Resources
Judicial and Court Resources
Texas Association of Counties Events and COVID-19
At present, the Spring Judicial Education Session in March has been postponed and will be rescheduled, and the County Risk Management Conference in April has been cancelled. TAC will be reviewing other event dates as pandemic conditions change. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 (the disease caused by the new coronavirus) outbreak in Texas and coordinating with hotel staff and local emergency management officials in our event locations so that we have the most updated information on the outbreak in those areas.
Should there be any change, we will contact all registered attendees via email and post updates on our website. Thank you for your patience.