As the COVID-19 outbreak evolves in Texas, TAC Risk Management Services staff are closely monitoring the situation and working to remain responsive to the needs of TAC Risk Management Pool members.
We offer the following information to assist our members. This information will be updated so please check back.
Last updated 4-2-20
How we will continue to serve you — Continuity of Operations Plan
FAQs and Additional Information
- Human Resources FAQs — Guidance from TAC Human Resources Consultants, March 20, 2020.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act — Information about this new act and how it affects county human resources, March 19. 2020.
- EEOC FAQs and Guidance Related to COVID-19 — New guidance issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), March 18, 2020.
- Department of Labor Guidance, Required Model Notices for Families First Coronavirus Response Act – Model notices required March 25,2020, key points of the guidance and more, April 2, 2020.
- COVID-19 Risk Reduction Response Protocols for County Law Enforcement and Jail Operations — White paper from TAC Law Enforcement Consultants, March 16, 2020.
- COVID-19 General Recommendations – Texas Commission on Jail Standards (TCJS) technical assistance memorandum, March 17, 2020.
- COVID-19 Inmate Screening form – Sample form provided by TCJS, March 17, 2020.
- Suspension of Visitation Plan – TCJS technical assistance memorandum, March 13, 2020.
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – TCJS technical assistance memorandum with links to resources, Feb. 28, 2020.
- TCJS technical assistance memorandums – Links to all on TCJS website.
With the increased attention to COVID-19, cyber criminals have used this opportunity to launch malicious attacks. IT researchers have reported attempts to use this emergency to steal critical and personal data, breach your privacy, and launch ransomware attacks on computers and networks. Now is the time to remain vigilant for opportunist criminals.