Privacy or Security Event Liability and Expense Coverage is provided at no additional charge to participants of the Public Officials Liability Program.
Current coverage for a privacy or security incident response includes:
- Equipment, data and interruption costs - Electronic equipment, electronic data and network interruption costs with a sublimit of $100,000 per claim and an annual aggregate limit of $100,000.
- Extortion costs - Cyber extortion expenses and monies with a sublimit of $10,000 per claim and an annual aggregate limit of $10,000.
- Credit monitoring - Provide the option of credit monitoring services to those individuals whose data has been compromised.
- Forensic investigations - Investigation into the cause of the data breach.
- Public relations - assistance with communications regarding the breach and the county's response to those affected and to the public.
- Legal fees - Attorney's, court and other legal fees incurred following the data breach, subject to sublimit.
- Regulatory proceedings and penalties - Coverage for regulatory proceedings and penalties incurred.
- eRiskHub® Portal powered by NetDiligence® – TAC RMP Members participating in the Public Officials Liability program have access to a Cyber Liability Risk Portal. The site delivers a wealth of information to help counties understand the exposures, develop a response plan and minimize the effects of a breach of organization’s data.
Cybersecurity Situational Awareness Bulletin (Feb. 22, 2022)