Privacy or Security Event Liability and Expense Coverage is provided at no additional charge to participants of the Public Officials Liability Program. However, soon Privacy or Security Event Liability and Expense Coverage will be offered as a standalone coverage with more services offered to our RMP members; more details are coming soon.
Current coverage for a privacy or security incident response, includes:
- Equipment, data and interruption costs - Electronic equipment, electronic data and network interruption costs with a sublimit of $100,000 per claim and an annual aggregate limit of $100,000.
- Extortion costs - Cyber extortion expenses and monies with a sublimit of $10,000 per claim and an annual aggregate limit of $10,000.
- Credit monitoring - Provide the option of credit monitoring services to those individuals whose data has been compromised.
- Forensic investigations - Investigation into the cause of the data breach.
- Public relations - assistance with communications regarding the breach and the county's response to those affected and to the public.
- Legal fees - Attorney's, court and other legal fees incurred following the data breach, subject to sublimit.
- Regulatory proceedings and penalties - Coverage for regulatory proceedings and penalties incurred.
- eRiskHub® Portal powered by NetDiligence® – TAC RMP Members participating in the Public Officials Liability program have access to a Cyber Liability Risk Portal. The site delivers a wealth of information to help counties understand the exposures, develop a response plan and minimize the effects of a breach of organization’s data.