Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center and Spa
7600 John Q. Hammons Drive
Frisco, Texas, 75034
Education Co-Sponsor: McCoy College of Business Administration at Texas State University
The Conference of the County Investment Academy brings together investment officers, economists and other experts to discuss the influences on the current economy and timely trends in investing. This training is open to all county officials and staff who want to learn more about county investment operations. This annual conference features roundtable discussions by portfolio size to meet your investing needs. Join us for 15 hours of timely public funds investing topics.
Attendees successfully completing this conference:
- Discuss liquidity estimating
- Evaluate economic indicators and the relative value on the yield curve;
- Discuss recent email scams and other fraud risks;
- Analyze the factors influencing the U.S. Economy; and
- Have a more in-depth understanding of money market mutual funds and local government pools.
The McCoy College of Business Administration at Texas State University is the education co-sponsor of the Conference of the County Investment Academy. There are no pre-requisites required to attend this program.
Fifteen hours of continuing education is approved for County Investment Academy members. CPAs, auditors, treasurers, clerks, commissioners and tax assessor-collectors may also earn credit toward mandatory continuing education requirements.
County Investment Academy
The County Investment Academy is a partnership between the Texas Association of Counties and the McCoy College of Business Administration at Texas State University to work together in the planning of educational programs for county officials and employees.
- Membership in the Academy is acquired through completion of the Basics of County Investments Course or completion of a previous County Investment Officer (CIO) Level I course.
- Fifteen Academy hours per calendar year are required to maintain membership, with five outside hours and five carryover hours allowed per year.
||After May 19
|County Official or Employee
|City, School or Special District
|1-Day Registration (Tuesday, June 20 only)
Please make checks payable to Texas Association of Counties.
Texas Association of Counties
C/O County Investment Academy
PO Box 2131
Austin, TX 78768
Sponsors and Vendors
Please see information on sponsorship opportunities or contact .
To ensure that our conference is ADA accessible to all, please contact or at (800) 456-5974 if you need assistance.