Reflect. Grow. Transform.
An introspective and transformational development program for county leaders.
Designed for Texas county officials by Texas county officials and the Texas Association of Counties.
Leadership qualities don’t automatically develop because you hold a prominent position or earn a high salary. It’s a personal desire and internal drive to self-reflect, grow and transform that helps create a leader. Leaders are courageous yet vulnerable. Their actions inspire and influence others.
Are you a natural born leader or do you rise to the occasion when a leader is needed? Consider the countless times you were expected to step up as the leader, and then consider the times you missed the opportunity to lead because you were unaware of your leadership potential or doubted your abilities.
Leadership 254, is a program designed to advance the skills of county officials to meet the unique challenges your duties present and enhance your leadership skills and style. TAC worked alongside a committee of county officials that represent the diversity of our state and every county office to develop a leadership program you could benefit from.
Participants will engage in interactive discussions and experiential learning activities that identify your potential to think and act outside existing limitations to redefine the possibilities you set for yourself, your courthouse, your county official association, and the constituents in your county. Leadership 254 will challenge you, stretch you and, most importantly, transform you into a leader that positively affects your county and Texas.
- New dimensions of the self in relationship to others;
- Effective personal methodology for decision-making;
- Principles for solutions to complex problems and the rules to conduct discourse;
- The meaning of integrity and the skills needed to ensure its consistent practice;
- How to align and inspire teams, and how to collaborate, influence and create a vision that others will follow;
- To self-assess your leadership style and gain perspective through peer assessment;
- Ways to enhance your personal communication skills through experiential media relations training; and
- To create your own transformational leadership plan and become a transformation leader in every aspect of your life.
Time Commitment & Program Dates:
Participants complete four modules over the course of 14 months and between election cycles. Each module is unique and significant in the participant’s process to self-reflect, grow and transform. The estimated time commitment for each module ranges from two to three days, with a total training time commitment of 11 days for the entire program (not including travel time). Leadership 254 is a continuous program where students are required to attend and complete all four modules in sequence. It is important you plan to arrive at the start time of each module and stay until the conclusion.
- Module 1: Feb. 21-24, 2017
- Module 2: May 30-June 2, 2017
- Module 3: Oct. 22-25, 2017
- Module 4: April 25-27, 2018
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact , Program Manager and primary contact for this program, at
(512) 478-8753 or (800) 456-5974.