News Article | March 24, 2023
AWP's March Balanced Living Article - Caring for the Caregiver: An Emotional, Practical & Financial Imperative
Most families and households have that person — the caregiver whom others lean on to provide the lion's share of care when a loved one is stricken by illness, injury, disability and the like. But who's looking out for the best interests of the caregiver? As heavily as some families depend on that person during times of need, it's vital that they not only take the necessary planning steps to protect the family financially should the caregiver need care, but also recognize and address the needs of the primary caregiver.
View AWP's Balanced Living article for March, Caring for the Caregiver, to learn more.
As a reminder, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) powered by Alliance Work Partners is available to all fully pooled TAC Health and Employee Benefits Pool members and participating ASO members. The EAP is available to assist employees and members of their households who may be experiencing personal life problems, such as marital problems, legal or financial issues, stress, emotional problems, family problems and substance abuse struggles.
- All services provided by the EAP are free of charge and confidential.
- A toll-free call to (800) 343‑3822 starts the process. The EAP's call center is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week by professional counselors. Face-to-face counselors also are widely accessible.
- Go to www.awpnow.com to create a customized account. Select "Access Your Benefits."
- Use registration code: AWP-TACHEBP-4661.
- Healthy County Employee Assistance Program powered by Alliance Work Partners
- Access all benefits by calling (800) 343‑3822.
- To reach TDD, call (800) 448‑1823.
- To reach the EAP teen line, call (800) 334‑TEEN (8336).
- Online: www.awpnow.com | Registration code: AWP-TACHEBP-4661
- EAP English Flyer
- EAP Spanish Flyer