Skip to Content (custom)
Texas Association of Counties
Toggle Navigation (custom)

    Legal Services

    LegalEase Newsletter | FAQs by Subject

    News Article | July 20, 2022

    County Officials

    Legal Guidance

    "A couple is getting married in Hawaii and have asked the county clerk to issue them a Texas marriage license."

    Can a marriage license issued in Texas be used in another state?

    Yes. As long as the authority in the other state accepts the Texas license and returns the license to the county clerk for recording. Family Code §2.009§2.206.