Core Legislative Group
When legislators are faced with issues that may affect local government, they want to hear from local elected and appointed officials. As a county official, there are numerous ways to participate in the legislative process when you join the Core Legislative Group.
As a member, you can help by:
- Contacting your local legislators in person, by phone, by email or electronically.
- You can reach out to your legislators regarding specific legislation. We ask that you try to maintain a consistent level of communication (calls, emails, text messages, personal visits and social media interaction) with your legislative delegation, not just during session, but throughout the interim.
- Providing testimony (written or verbal) or completing a witness card for or against legislation.
- We will continue to rely on the expertise of the Core Legislative Group in providing testimony on county bills during committee hearings.
- Supplying TAC with your opinions regarding legislation that will impact county government.
- Periodically, we will ask for your assessment of how a bill might affect your county or the operations of a particular county office. Your insight helps us communicate the effect of a bill to legislators and staff early in the process and will help improve these county-related bills.
If you are interested in participating in the legislative process, please email Kelsey Berstein .
Please note that any information submitted is subject to open records requests under the Texas Public Information Act.