Programs | May 31, 2023
Cybersecurity Situational Awareness Bulletin (Feb. 22, 2022)
MGM Resorts confirms hackers stole customers’ personal data during cyberattack | TechCrunch
Cyberattacks Targeting Israel Are Rising After Hamas Assault | TIME
Cyber Attacks on Municipalities - Cyber Defense Magazine
What’s Next in AI for State and Local Governments? (govtech.com)
AI Chatbots Making Waves in Government, Sparking Concerns (techreport.com)
Cyber Security Risk Consultant Brandon Armstrong assists TAC Risk Management Pool members with hardening their cyber presence in an increasingly unsafe online environment. Among the services he provides include:
- Assisting with identification of cyber risk hazards and effective cyber risk management solutions.
- Assessing members' cyber security posture based on their unique needs.
- Providing accurate and timely cyber-related news.
- Building and maintaining relationships with TAC RMP members by understanding member needs.
- Providing a quote on Privacy or Security Event Liability and Expense (Cyber Security) Coverage.
Privacy or Security Event Liability and Expense Coverage is provided at no additional charge to participants of the Public Officials Liability Program.
Current coverage for a privacy or security incident response includes:
- Equipment, data and interruption costs - Electronic equipment, electronic data and network interruption costs with a sublimit of $100,000 per claim and an annual aggregate limit of $100,000.
- Extortion costs - Cyber extortion expenses and monies with a sublimit of $10,000 per claim and an annual aggregate limit of $10,000.
- Credit monitoring - Provide the option of credit monitoring services to those individuals whose data has been compromised.
- Forensic investigations - Investigation into the cause of the data breach.
- Public relations - Assistance with communications regarding the breach and the county's response to those affected and to the public.
- Legal fees - Attorney's, court and other legal fees incurred following the data breach, subject to sublimit.
- Regulatory proceedings and penalties - Coverage for regulatory proceedings and penalties incurred.
- eRiskHub® Portal powered by NetDiligence® – TAC RMP Members participating in the Public Officials Liability program have access to a Cyber Liability Risk Portal. The site delivers a wealth of information to help counties understand the exposures, develop a response plan and minimize the effects of a breach of organization's data.