Education & Training | July 24, 2023
Investment Academy Rules and Resources
County Investment Academy membership can be obtained by successfully completing the Basics of County Investments course, formerly the TAC County Investment Officer (CIO) Level 1 course.
- Membership in the Academy can be maintained by earning 15 hours of continuing education per calendar year.
- Five hours can be from an approved outside source and you can carry five hours forward from one year to the next.
- If an Academy Member posts a deficit in the number of continuing education hours earned toward the County Investment Academy’s requirements at the end of a calendar year, that member may make up the deficit in the following calendar year, provided they can earn enough hours to cover the deficit plus the normal 15 hours annual requirement.
For more information, contact Deanna Auert or call (800) 456-5974.
Criteria and application for approval of outside hours
Pre-approved outside programs
- Government Treasurer's Organization of Texas (various locations and dates)
- University of North Texas, Center for Public Management, Public Funds Investment Act Training (various locations and dates)
- William P. Hobby Center for Public Service, Public Funds Investment Act Training (online)
Membership also gains you access to the County Investment Academy listserv. A listserv is an email discussion group, either in real-time or by daily digest, that Academy members use to efficiently get answers to questions, share insights and learn from the experiences of their peers. Members: Sign up for the listserv and begin collaborating today.
Education and Training Visit our calendar for more information and to register for a specific County Investment Academy event.
Education and Training For membership criteria, pre-approved outside programs, outside hours application and to join the Listserv.